About the Department
The Department of Biochemistry was established in the 1994 and M.Sc. was started in the year 1997. Research course M.Phil. Biochemistry was started in the year 2013. So far more than 850 UG , 1140 PG and 18 M.Phil Graduates were produced in this Department. Every year in our college the Department organized National Seminar and Workshops. It is to provide quality education to our students and we are inculcating the science knowledge to them. Biochemistry Department laboratory is Well equipped, Well furnished and fully fledged both in faculty and infrastructure facilities for UG, PG, and M.Phil. Levels. In our Department we are producing 4 University Rank holder in PG level and 1 university rank holder in UG level.
- Producing quality students trained in the latest tools and technologies in the area of biochemistry.
- To achieve in the biochemistry of imparting in-depth knowledge to the students, facilitating research activities and academic excellence cater to the ever changing industrial demand & societal needs.
To be a center of excellence in the discipline of biochemistry.
- To provide quality education to the students through state of art and education in biochemistry.
- To provide a learning environment that helps the students to enhance problem-solving skills, be successful in their professionalizes and to prepare students to be lifelong learners by offering a solid theoretical & practical foundation in various disciplines of biochemistry and educating them about their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To provide exposure to students to the latest tools and technologies in the area of biochemistry.
- To provide research-based projects activities in the emerging area of biochemical technology.
- To develop the man resource with sound knowledge theory & practical in the disciple of biochemistry and the ability to apply knowledge to the benefit of the society at large.
- Through a variety of learning opportunities, our students will develop
- A knowledge base is necessary to understand the complexities of the biology and chemistry of life.
- Integrate basic biological and chemical knowledge and its structure to develop a foundation in the concepts and facts in modern cell and molecular biology and biochemistry, and to be familiar with various ways of organizing and accessing scientific knowledge
- To understand the methods and limitations of science and what distinguishes science from other modes of inquiry
- B.Sc – Biochemistry
- M.Sc – Biochemistry
- M.Phil – Biochemistry