The Department of Commerce is established under the university of madras with a vision of providing excellence in the fields of Commerce by imparting value-based education, training, and research. Since its inception, the primary aim of the department has been to make the commerce students respond to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge. It also thrives towards creating a people-centered, ecologically sustainable, and just society that promotes and protects dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all. The motto of the department is to focus on outreach programs that would help the students to serve the world well with innovations and wisdom across the broad range of humanity’s challenges in the globalized era.
The Commerce department of Kanchi Shri Krishna college of arts and science College, kilambi, was formally set up in 1999 under the affiliation of the University of Madras, This Department was one of the first commerce departments in Kanchipuram District.
In its history spanning over six decades, it has redefined commerce education in the state. It is one of the first colleges in Tamilnadu where a B.Com Degree course with Cost Accounting as an elective was offered. The Post Graduate course in the commerce department started functioning in the late 2002s. The research center of the department got its recognition in the year 2012.
Eminent personalities in the field of Education, Commerce, Law, Economics, etc were the resource persons for the department. Formerly the department had offered only B.Com Finance & Taxation and M.Com Finance. The annual intake was limited to approximately 70 students when the applications exceeded 300. The management and IQAC, on the basis of the feedback collected, introduced a new course P.hD, which started functioning in the academic year 2013.
At present, the department has an annual intake of above 300 students. It is well equipped with potential faculties and other amenities.
The Commerce Department has a department library with approximately 500 books for in-house reference for students. It has published about 700 dissertations to date. The department provides an opportunity to inculcate and nurture entrepreneurial traits in the students under the ED (Entrepreneurship Development) club.
To develop a world-class centre of excellence in the fields of Business, Commerce and Economics through value based education, training, and research
- To impart holistic education using state-of-the-art technology and to give a global perspective through value-based education for social transformation.
- To inspire and empower the students to become innovative leaders, contribute to the success of organizations and the betterment of communities.
- To involve in projects leading to high-quality research, enhancing training and development opportunities so as to develop a team of competent and qualified entrepreneurs.
- To continuously evaluate our performance against suitable benchmarks, develop new programs, global tie-ups to meet stakeholder’s requirements.
- To prepare students for higher education in Business, Commerce, and Economics.
- To inculcate the use of Information and Communication Technology in the teaching-learning process.
- To achieve excellence in Teaching, Training, and Research in the areas of Commerce,
- To provide commercial input to the students to enable them to understand the complexities of modern industrial society and to deal with social issues
- To promote multidisciplinary research through applied areas of Commerce for enhancing productivity and efficiency of resource utilization
- To provide good results by continuous monitoring, assessing, and counseling of students
- To facilitate the academic progress of students by encouraging them to actively participate in internships, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- M.Phil -Commerce
Department Operates Two Shifts
- B.Com – Shif I
- B.Com – Shift II