Kanchi Shri Krishna College of Arts and Science was founded in the year 1994 –1995. Department of Chemistry was started in the academic year 2003 –2004. The UG degree B.Sc., Chemistry was introduced with 32 students with English as the medium of instruction.
- The Chemistry Department prepares students for a diverse and changing world. We strive to contribute to a chemically literate society through teaching ( with classrooms, labs, and extracurricular activities), scholarship, and service.
- The Chemistry Department is committed to preparing competitive and professional graduates within an innovative and intellectually stimulating environment, support other academic programs at KSK by offering quality chemistry learning experiences, conduct basic and applied research of national and international impact, build proactive partnerships with industry and offer effective training and educational and technical services to the society.
- Enhance the quality of the chemistry and industrial chemistry programs.
- Enhance the basic and applied research framework in the Chemistry Department.
- Increase enrollment in the chemistry programs.
- Enhance services to the community.
- Build partnership with the Industry to achieve the department goals.